Connect with Dr. Wilson
Professional License/Credentialing Information
- Licensed Psychologist (Clinical), State of California – PSY 18249
- Credentialed Health Service Provider in Psychology, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
Dr. Karen I. Wilson
Dr. Wilson is a clinical neuropsychologist and the owner of West LA Neuropsychology, PC. Clinical neuropsychology is a specialized discipline of psychology that examines the relationship between brain systems and behavior. Over the last thirteen years, Dr. Wilson’s work has focused on the assessment of neurodevelopmental disorders in children and adolescents, but she also has a great deal of experience evaluating adults. Dr. Wilson began her private practice work when she joined Lorie Humphrey and Associates in 2003. Between 2004 and 2006, she was also a Clinical Psychology Supervisor at the HELP Group in Sherman Oaks, California. In 2010, Dr. Wilson formed her own independent practice.
Dr. Wilson completed her postdoctoral fellowship training in Neuropsychology at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital. She completed an APA-accredited predoctoral internship at the University of Florida Health Science Center and received practicum training at the Medical Psychology Clinic at Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Wilson is a Professor and the Graduate Coordinator of the Master of Arts in Psychology Program at California State University, Dominguez Hills. She is also an Assistant Clinical Professor (Voluntary) in the Medical Psychology Assessment Center (MPAC), Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. At UCLA, she supervises cases involving the neuropsychological assessment of children and adults who present with cognitive, learning, and social-emotional difficulties.
Dr. Wilson’s research has included the examination of psychosocial functioning in children with learning disorders and/or AD/HD and psychological functioning in college students with AD/HD. She has received funding from the National Institutes of Health and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research. She was also given a certificate of recognition by the California Legislature Assembly for her dedication and commitment to students and the community.
- Helping children transition from preschool to elementary school
- Identifying learning disabilities and processing disorders in children and adolescents
- Executive functioning in children and adolescents
- Intelligence and Intellectual Assessment.
- How Understanding Brain Development Can Help Guide the Transition to College.
- The Assessment of Neurodevelopmental Disorders in Children & Adolescents.
- Neuropsychological Assessment of Children & Adolescents.
- Psychopharmacology: A Brief Overview
- The Neurobiology of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Biopsychology: The Scientific Study of the Biology of Behavior and Mental Processes
- Cultural Issues in Neuropsychological Assessment
- Clinical Neuropsychology: Training and Practice.
- Sleep quality and risk behaviors in college students.
Get In touch
Leave us a message