MEDIA CONSULTATION AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Connect with Dr. Wilson
Professional License/Credentialing Information
- Licensed Psychologist (Clinical), State of California – PSY 18249
- Credentialed Health Service Provider in Psychology, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
Dr. Karen I. Wilson
Dr. Karen Wilson is a clinical neuropsychologist, with a private practice in Los Angeles, California, where she specializes in the neuropsychological assessment of children and adolescents. She is the Chair of the Department of Psychology at California State University, Dominguez Hills, and an Assistant Clinical Professor (Voluntary) in the Medical Psychology Assessment Center (MPAC), at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Dr. Wilson has given presentations at schools, universities, and national conferences, and she has been recognized by California State University, Dominguez Hills as an exceptional scholar and educator who is among the most distinguished experts in her field.
Dr. Wilson’s research has included the examination of psychosocial functioning in children with learning disorders and AD/HD and the investigation of psychological functioning in college students with AD/HD. She has received funding from the National Institutes of Health and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research. She was also given a certificate of recognition by the California Legislature Assembly for her dedication and commitment to students and the community.
Dr. Wilson has a caring approach, and she is personable, insightful, informative and engaging. She is available for consultation as an expert on a range of psychological and neuropsychological issues.
- Helping children transition from preschool to elementary school
- Identifying learning disabilities and processing disorders in children and adolescents
- Executive functioning in children and adolescents
- How understanding brain development can help guide the transition to college
- The assessment of neurodevelopmental disorders in children & adolescents
- Neuropsychological assessment of children & adolescents
- The neurobiology of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Cultural issues in neuropsychological assessment
- Sleep quality and risk behaviors in college students
- Intelligence and intellectual assessment
Leave us a message